Wednesday, September 26, 2007

structural pads


I think I've put up pictures last year or the year before of these plants from the Koi Pond at Sarah Duke. Each year I'm amazed again at how they look. I don't know what type of plant they are, but I'd never seen anything like them before.

Each plant has 5 leaves and the smallest one has all those extra "ribs", as you can see better in the picture below. Weird. There's also flowers in the center but I've never been there when one was in full bloom so I don't know what they look like.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Very cool. I've never seen anything like this. I do have a love for lily pads. Earlier this summer I was sloshing around in the local lakes getting full of slime and grime so I could get some shots of MN lily pads in bloom. I even had a little fish nibbling on me at one point---but I was trying to get a shot!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I have never seen such an interesting lily pad - the plant is incredible and you captured it beautifully. I hope you get to see them sometime when the flower is in bloom!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home