Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bridge to the other side


I went on a hike today at Eno River Park with a ground of about 15 people. It's a group that Julie's been a member of for a while but it was the first time I went hiking with them. I'm not much of a "joiner", y'know?

This is part of the group wandering across a suspension bridge. The bridge bounced a lot and was great fun. It was like drinking heavily and not being sure if you could stay on your feet. The hike was a bit less than 5 miles and it was a great day for it. High 50s and a subdued sunshine made for a pleasant time. You should have been there with us! Rolling hills and well groomed trails, river views and mossy logs--but no snakes this time. Sorry.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger poefusion said...

I love this photo because it reminds me of when I was a young girl. My parents owned a business downtown and I would get off the bus in front of a suspension bridge and have to cross over the river. I would run out to the middle and jump up and down to make it swing. Being the only one on the bridge made it all the better. Thanks for sharing such a nice photo. Happy Valentine's Day~

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Sounds lovely! Not masny places to hike close to home. Guess I just have to say "Bye!" and get the heck out.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home