Tuesday, February 21, 2006

apocalypse


This is an unusual shot for me. It certainly wasn't planned. Around the corner of this spit of land is a boatlaunch ramp. I had waded around the shore looking for interesting shots until I got to this point. Here events became more serious because I slipped on a rock sat down quite quickly. I had the presense of mind to keep the camera above water and this shot was taken as I squeezed the camera in my hand.

I named the post "apocalypse" mostly for the way the sky looked---a storm was coming in and it was about to start raining--but also because I thought at the time that the day of reckoning had arrived for my camera.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could that be a crucifixion scene near the right edge of the frame, about a third of the frame down???

12:00 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're probably right. There's a church in the middle of that piece of land and the steeple must be under the cross you noticed. Behind that is the sailboat marina that I had pictures of last month.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home