Tuesday, April 04, 2006

storm sunset

A nasty storm ripped through the area I live in last night. A number of Bradford Pear trees came down in my next door neighbor's yard but the three in mine made it. The wind was gusting so hard the trees were nearly bent down to the ground. It gave me some idea of what the folk in the Kansas area have been going through.

Afterwards the sky was quite the light show with weird purples and reds predominating. By the time I took this picture a golden yellow color was starting to take over. A pretty sky for such a stormy afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew S. Urdan said...

This photo is breathtaking, Dave.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

This is really lovely! We used to have terrible storms that bent the trees over double when we lived in Minnesota. I spent a lot of time in the basement!!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow Dave, you captured the colors beautifully :)

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home