Saturday, February 23, 2008

Early morning fog


While waiting for some Brunswick Stew to heat up in the microwave I went outside to take some pictures of the predawn fog. This was around 6:30am so there wasn't much light.

That can easily be seen by how blurred the above picture is. I first tried to just handhold the camera. Oops.


Here's the second try. This time I steadied the camera on the railing of the deck. I didn't want to bother getting my tripod out for a shot like this.

As you can see, there's a huge improvement. However I thought I'd just try and see what it would look like using the flash.


Hmmm. Those things you hear about water reflecting light are true. Even though the fog didn't seem all that dense, it sure did *uck up this shot. There's so much reflected light you can barely see the trees in my yard.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The flash effect is interesting on the 3rd shot - maybe the same shot during a lighter fog would be effective.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I think it's very cool! Very ghosty.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home