Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Alert and speckled

I took this picture in my backyard 2 days ago. I love how alert the bird looks and those speckles on its front look great. The out of focus yellow flower in the lower left adds a nice bit of contrast to the somewhat monochromatic aspects of the picture.

I also like how thin this bird is. Some of the birds that hang around my house are getting so fat they're not going to be able to fly much longer! I guess maybe I'm feeding them too much--which might explain why that neighbor's cat keeps hanging around. Fat birds that don't fly so well.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the yellow looks like a distraction to me

Otherwise the photo would be perfect

2:42 AM  
Blogger EJL said...

Good job on the blog battle...better luck next time. I really do enjoy your photos though. I wish I had that much talent!

1:57 PM  
Blogger EJL said...

i voted for ya this time around

1:57 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Thanks, Ellie!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home