Wednesday, May 17, 2006

duckies


I took the picture over there to the right a few weeks ago. I wanted to capture the excitement of the kids seeing the ducks in the water, chasing after pieces of bread. And the way that the parents beamed at the antics of their kids.

Unfortunately this scene of casual eating and cavorting was sullied by one bad seed. He first came to my notice when he emerged from the lake and preened by some cypress knees--as you can see in the photo below.


Unfortunately the preening was just a front for more selfish desires. He wanted to be fed--but I had no bread. I was there just to take pictures.

This attitude on my part wasn't welcome, no not at all. As you can see in the bottom picture--this duck gave me the evil eye!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I love your photos. Thanks.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those bottom two are fantastic!

There were some ducks were I went this weekend. They werein aswimming pool when we arrived on Friday night but alas I didn't see them again so I didn't get a photo.

5:17 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Good guess, Tiana but no cigar. This was taken in Durham, NC.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home