Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dirty Snowman


I took this picture early this afternoon before the snow turned to rain. We got about an inch in Chapel Hill, maybe an inch and a half, but to the west where I live we had over 2 inches. To those of you in northern climes that doesn't sound like much but it was enough to cancel school for much of the area and keep a lot of people from going to work. Weenies!

In any case, after I finished staining the slides I had to do for today I wandered around campus taking pictures of the snow before it melted away. Snow sure is pretty. (especially when it's going to leave again soon!)

You know, I really wonder how long it took some college kids to make this snowman. There really wasn't that much snow on the ground and the snowman was over 4 feet tall. They must have cleared a small field of snow to get that much together.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger srp said...

He is cute. A bit dirty but cute.
Last year it snowed on the first day of spring in Williamsburg. Nyssa and friends went out at midnight, in pjs and sweatshirts and galoshes and built a snowman. Then she dramatically kissed him...

what college kids won't do for fun.

12:57 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Dirty snow but not yellow, at least.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

That is hilarious.

My husband is a UNC grad so I will have to show him this! I actually really like it...very endearing with all the leaves. You get lemons...you make lemonade. I am not sure if it is the shading or what but it almost looks like it is smiling (OR I AM CRAZY...take your pick!)....

Great shot!

4:47 AM  
Blogger The English Student said...

I have to say that this photograph reminds me of my childhood. I used to spend hours building a whole snowman family but all it took was for it to get warmer or rain and then all would be ruined.

Where were the days that building a snowman family was so important?

I think they went away when I turned into a teenager.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Did I mention that my husband is envious because he wants to retire in Chapel Hill one day? :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I don't believe you mentioned that, Anna. Personally Hawaii would top my list--assuming I could afford it--but I guess Chapel Hill wouldn't be such a bad place to live.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

i wish we had enough snow for snowmen in NY :(

thanks for the heads up my photo-- it seems to be up and running now.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

All you folks who want snow, come up to my city of Guelph!

We had blizzard conditions yesterday. I was taking a friend to the hospital in Hamilton a bit south of here and we had to turn around as it was white-out conditions.

Love your dirty snowman. HAHAHA

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home