Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I love Grackles


Many people view grackles as nuisance birds. Sure, they're pushy. And greedy. Stubborn too, I suppose. I think of them as the NYC cab drivers of the bird world. But at the same time they're such animated birds and exhibit so much "personality" that they're great to watch. And those shiny black feathers...

Unfortunately they're not so easy to photograph because while they're very aggressive and pushy with other birds they're very shy and alarmist around people.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

OK, is this a Gackle? Nice shot! I like them too now!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I mean gRackle... :) Sorry for the poor spelling.

7:23 AM  
Blogger srp said...

They are annoying, eating all the food in a bird feeder, forcing all the smaller birds out. I try to hide my feeders in the bush, but this year they found them.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home