Friday, March 16, 2007

Who needs the showers?


The old saw is that "April showers bring May flowers" however this year having a warm Winter seems to find these flowers doing just fine in early March. They're in my front yard by my sidewalk. Even my pear trees are starting to bloom and the leaves won't be far behind.

Today it almost made it to 80 f and the past 2 days were in the mid 70s but March being March we've still got some cold weather coming. Both nights this weekend it's supposed to go below freezing with daily highs in the 50s. Time to get those sweatshirts ready again!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger srp said...

I stopped and in front of people driving by, got down on the ground and took some pictures of crocus and hyacinth along a fence. One man waved, I have a new fan.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Wow....after this pic I definitely can do without the showers...

Nice shot.

Anna

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jason Fletcher said...

I discovered your site today searching Google for some local weather info. You have some great pictures. Thanks for letting me stop by and get inspired to take my camera with me!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Anil P said...

I mean life must seem great when walking by these flowers. They give a different dimension to beauty. And a lovely picture too.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home