Monday, June 11, 2007

pink flowers dying


On Sunday Naomi, over at Here in the Hills, posted about the colors of drying flowers and compared it to the fading out of people as they age. Her pictures of the flowers are beautiful and her observations of the aging process are keen.

I bring this up due to the nature of this picture here. I took it on Sunday at Duke University and it was well nigh impossible to find a good bloom in the rose section without having a dead one next to it. That juxtaposition of life and death reminds me of Naomi's post.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for the lovely mention My Dear....This absolutely shows both sides of that coin, doesn't it...Oh Lordy....Life and death, and everything in-between!
Wonderful picture!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Great pic. I like how you captured them next to eachother like that Utenzi.

Have a good one!

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home