Wednesday, May 03, 2006

carnivore

Mine, you ask? No, this isn't my cat. It's a cat that roams the neighborhood I live in. Well, used to roam, I should say. He's been hanging around my house quite a bit lately.

Now don't get those warm and fuzzy feelings, folks. He's here simply because he views the bird feeders around my deck as CAT FEEDERS! Thus the title carnivore. Damn cat's already gotten at least 3 birds and the birds are being a lot more careful these days. Fortunately both Cardinals have managed to stay out of his claws.

I must admit I admire the cat's audacity to a degree, and he's quite good at the hunting biz... but I do wish he'd leave the birds alone!

What do you think of this fellow?

He was roaming between my legs as I was outside reading a book on my deck. He didn't seem interested in stinging me--but I finally gave ground and went inside to read. I didn't want to take any chances with the tender flesh of my thighs--a sting there would hurt for days!

The metal he's standing on is one of my patio chairs. I was sitting on it at the time and you can just barely see the outline of my jeans on the right side of the picture. I took the picture wide open at f3.2 so everything out of the focal plane is quite blurred.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spock said...

A cats gotta do what a cats gotta do!! I say YAY! cat, you go boy! Mom says him is gorgeous & you shud keep him for sure. Excuse me while I go put the bite on her!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

my brother had an infestation of these guys at his home. They really go nuts at the color yellow and are highly attracted to the scent of bacon, or ham. We went outside once with a big plate of scrambled eggs and bacon and all hell broke loose.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home