Sunday, April 30, 2006

dizzy daisy and the tulips

If I like a flower or other subject, I often take several pictures of it. Varying the f-stop, distance and angle until I'm happy with the results. Often I can't decide which one I like the most until I see the pictures on my large monitor at home.

The picture above works fairly well though the focus is off--I was getting too much glare on my screen to focus very well. However the one below I don't like because the low f-stop I was using to isolate the bloom causes the backdrop to be too blurred. At least for me. And I get dizzy every time I look at the picture.

By the way, I think the title of this post would make for a good title for a detective novel--though substituting daffodils would make for better alliteration.

3 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, Imactually like them both, but I know what you mean about the second photo..but still, I really like that second one anyway, I think because it isso interesting with the out of focus and then the tulip not quite completely in the picture but in focus...

I LOVE the first one, a lot!

Here from Michele tonight and happy to see these beautiful photographs.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

The photos are beautiful. My hubby & I were walking around NYC today & saw the prettiest red & purple tulips. Spring is here!

Hi from Michele.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the second photo, for the reason you don't, the blurring! I think it pulls the subject into the forefront of the picture in a much crisper way when the background is blurred!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home